As the home of some of the most iconic New Year’s Eve celebrations in the world, Sydney is a popular destination for people looking to ring in the new year in style. From the dazzling fireworks displays over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House to the many parties, concerts, and events held throughout the city, endless new year’s events in Sydney happen to welcome 2023. Whether you want to watch the fireworks from a prime viewing spot, dance the night away at a club, or simply spend an evening filled with lots of snacks and a tasty dinner with friends and family, Sydney has something for everyone on New Year’s Eve.
So, if you are planning to visit Sydney or are already there, let us help you make your Sydney new year’s eve the most epic one and help you make plans for an unforgettable New Year’s Eve celebration!
In this blog, find the list of some fantastic and phenomenal parties and events happening in Sydney that are meant for you to be there. Let’s get started and see where you can be to welcome the new year remarkably.
Places To Be in This New Year’s Eve In Sydney
Here is a list of places, spots and new year’s events in Sydney that can make your New Year the best!
1. The Point
Experience New Year’s Eve like never before at ‘The Point’. It is a spectacular party location in Sydney, with unparalleled views of the Sydney Harbour, Opera House, and Harbour Bridge. Enjoy live entertainment, international food stations, and more at this one-of-a-kind new years event in Sydney. Let’s discover what all –
- Stunning views of the Sydney Harbour, Opera House, and Harbour Bridge – which means a fantastic sight of impressive fireworks too!
- Upon arrival, guests will receive an entry hamper to begin the eve with a nice gesture.
- You can then opt to dine in on this eve by having access to a variety of international food stations serving both savoury and sweet dishes.
- The event also features live entertainment, including music and a DJ, as well as licensed bars for the purchase of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- The Point is an exceptional way to celebrate the new year in Sydney, with its colourful summer atmosphere and uninterrupted views of the waterfront.
Address – Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
2. NYE In The Park
Are you ready to ring in 2023 with a bang? Well, if you nodded yes, The Park is a place for you. Because the NYE in The Park is back! It is set to be Sydney’s one of most iconic New Year’s Eve festivals to date! Nestled in the lush gardens of Victoria Park on Gadigal Country and backlit by Sydney’s picturesque skyline, this festival is just a 10-minute walk from Central Station or Redfern train station.
To celebrate the New Year 2023 in The Park, you can expect the following:
- A massive lineup to fire up the high spirit – The Park’s NYE party features – Flight Facilities, Lime Cordiale, Cut Copy, Rico Nasty, San Cisco, Crazy P, and The Poof Doof Drag Jamboree, with more to be announced.
- A fuss-free and atmospheric experience to dance the night away and ring in the new year.
- A convenient location just a short walk from public transportation
Don’t miss out on this exciting new years event in Sydney to celebrate the end of 2022 and welcome 2023 at NYE In The Park. Get your group chats ready, book your tickets, and start preparing for one hell of a party!
Address – Cnr City & Parramatta Roads, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
3. Harbour Party at Luna Park
Are you ready to enter the New Year with a bang? Look no further than Harbour Party, returning to Sydney’s iconic Luna Park for the first time in three years.
At Harbour Party, you can expect:
- To be treated to an epic lineup of top DJs and entertainment, including Confidence Man, Bag Raiders, and the Stafford Brothers.
- Be a prime viewer of the views of Sydney’s world-famous fireworks
- To enjoy unlimited rides with your friends, kids, and family
With all this in line, you will be able to celebrate the start of 2023 in style.
But that’s not all – Harbour Party is fully licensed, with multiple venues and bars, high-quality food outlets, and all the amenities you need to make the most of your night. And with five acres of wild fun at Luna Park, you’ll be able to lose yourself in the rumpus and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Don’t miss out on the party of the year! Tickets to Harbour Party 2022 are on sale now, so make sure to secure yours before they’re gone. See you on New Year’s Eve!
Address – Luna Park New Year’s Eve, 1 Olympic Dr, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia
4. Midnight at the Oasis – NYE
Are you looking to bid adieu to 2022 and welcome 2023 in the most stylish way possible? Look no further than Midnight at the Oasis, the ultimate New Year’s Eve celebration in Sydney! This premium event is exclusively for adults looking to enjoy all the night has to offer.
This new years event in Sydney is organised to present the perfect blend of dining, entertainment, and breathtaking views.
Imagine starting your New Year’s Eve by enjoying a delicious three-course meal at your reserved table, with panoramic views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as the backdrop.
As the night grows old, you can hit the dance floor, dance to the rhythm of the beats, and party along with the live band and DJ, all while taking in the stunning views of the Sydney New Year’s fireworks. Besides, the place will have two cash bars available, where you’ll have everything you need to kick-start your 2023 in style.
Don’t miss out on this exclusive 18+ event. Secure your spot at Midnight at the Oasis, as it sells out fast, and make the most of your New Year’s Eve in Sydney!
Address – Fleet Steps, The Royal Botanic Garden, Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney
5. Sydney Thumakda – A Bollywood/Bhangra New Year’s Eve Party
Get ready to welcome 2023 with open arms, beats that will stir the spark and an ambience that will amp up the thrilling flames – all at The Flynn in Sydney!
On December 31st, you can whirl and twirl the night off to your favourite Bollywood and Bhangra tracks – all while enjoying the excellent sound system and fully operational bar.
But that’s not all – this unforgettable event will also feature:
- Australia’s best Bollywood DJs
- A 360 video booth to capture your personal videos
- A finger food counter to buy delicious snacks
- A photographer and videographer to capture all the amazing moments.
- And with a dress code of smart casuals, you’ll be able to look your best as you say goodbye to 2022 and hello to the new year.
You can reach out at 0434747297 or email@example.com for any enquiries, group bookings, or celebrations. Don’t miss out on this amazing experience full of dance, music, and fun!
Address – The Flynn, 2A Bligh Street, Sydney, Australia
6. NEW YEAR’S EVE at Taronga Zoo
Join Taronga Zoo’s new year party on New Year’s Eve for an experience of the wild kind! Not only will you get to enjoy spectacular views of the Harbour, but you can also make your new year’s resolutions “For the Wild” while supporting a great cause.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Taronga Zoo is recognised for offering a unique and memorable celebration on New Year’s Eve. And with three outdoor, picnic-style ticketed areas to choose from, it’s the perfect place for couples, friends, and families looking for a fun, safe, and stress-free atmosphere to enter into 2023.
The different ticketed areas, Diamond, Gold, and Silver, are priced differently and have amazing offerings and areas to be in.
Don’t forget to bring your own picnic or purchase food and drinks on-site.
And remember, all profits from ticket sales go towards supporting Taronga’s conservation work. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to ring in the new year in a truly unforgettable way!
Address – Bradleys Head Road, Mosman, NSW 2088
7. NYE at a restaurant with dinner and a view of Sydney Harbour
If you’re looking to enjoy a fancy meal while watching the fireworks on New Year’s Eve, there are a few best options in Sydney we can list.
However, it’s important to note that these waterfront best restaurants tend to be on the pricier side, so be prepared to splurge a bit for this special occasion.
It is also essential to make reservations in advance, especially for smaller parties of 2 or 4, as these tables tend to fill up quickly. Many restaurants may require a deposit or full payment at the time of booking.
Here are some top recommendations from our side of waterfront dining, and here you can enjoy the firework on New Year’s Eve in Sydney if money is no object.
|Sr. No.||Restaurant Name||Address|
|1.||Aria||Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia|
|2.||Sydney Cove Oyster Bar||Challenor Dr, Cable Beach, WA 6726, Australia|
|3.||Bennelong at the Opera House||Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia|
|4.||O Bar and Dining||Australia Square, Level 47/264 George St, Sydney NSW 2000|
|5.||Cafe Sydney||Level 5 Customs House, 31 Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia|
|6.||Quay||Upper Level Overseas Passenger Terminal, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia|
|7.||Park Hyatt||7 Hickson Rd, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia|